Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun Family Recipe

I came across this in the Pillsbury Bake-Off Winners Cookbook that my mom got me for Christmas, and the whole family loved it which as any mom knows doesn't happen often. And I mean loved like it was gone before I could start on mine. It's a healthier version of a Monte Cristo.

bacon
butter (for the pan)
waffles, 2 per sandwich (I use whole wheat)
swiss cheese slices
deli meat sliced (turkey, ham, or combo)
powdered sugar (for dusting)
1/4 cup raspberry jam
6oz raspberry yogurt

Cook bacon.
Mix jam and yogurt and set aside for dipping the sandwiches.
Melt butter in skillet and cook waffles on one side for 4 minutes or so until the edges are brown and middle is soft.
Layer swiss cheese, bacon, and deli meat with another layer of swiss cheese on top on the toasted side of the waffle. Top with another waffle toasted side down.
Cook sandwiches like a grilled cheese at this point.
Sprinkle the sandwiches with powdered sugar and use the dip to enjoy them even more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this tonight minus the bacon.
MOM