Thursday, April 10, 2008

A giant plum seed and some coffee, anyone?

After Mass, we walked from the church to the store across the street to grab a bite to eat and do a little bit of errands. It is the closest thing we have to a mall here with a handful of stores in the same building and a small food court. So we ate with some friends and entered a store while Genna was still working on her plum. Hannah is talking constantly as usual and I am trying to answer her questions and shop at the same time. Next thing I know, Genna coughs and kind of whines a bit. She said it hurt, so I walked around the cart to check on her. She had finished the plum including the big seed in the middle. Well, I guess that would hurt if you swallowed that big old seed! She seemed fine. I kept asking if her throat or neck hurt and she said it didn't. I wanted to be sure it wasn't stuck on the way down. I called Brian to make sure that was alright, and he seemed to think it was fine if she didn't choke. I can't believe what that child gets herself into!

As we are getting ready to leave, I buy a decaf coffee for myself. I set my coffee down and put coats on everyone. Then we walk all the way back to the car in the church parking lot, get into the car and buckled in car seats, and I take a deep breath and realize that my coffee is still way back at the store! :) I had to drive over to the store and get everyone back out of the car seats and run to grab my coffee before someone threw it away. I considered leaving it, but it was my special treat for getting so much done, I paid for it, and I hadn't even taken a sip yet! Naps were way late today, but they are sleeping now! Whew!

No comments: