Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hooded Towels

I just made two hooded towels today during nap time, one for Isaac and one for Genna's upcoming birthday. I guess I'll have to make Hannah one too at some point. They were super easy and took a total of only one and a half hours to make both. I looked at a couple different patterns online and ended up making them from a full sized towel and a hand towel. They are a little big for a newborn, but they will last longer this way. On Isaac's hooded towel, I sewed on an "I" that I took from Brian's old monogrammed towel that was falling apart. I love to use our old things from our childhood and incorporate them into our children's new things.

Genna's Hooded Towel
(I found towels with the princesses already on them.)

Isaac's Hooded Towel

I am certainly no expert seamstress, but it is fun learning!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Good job on the towels! They are cute!

Unknown said...

They look fantastic! It's neat how you were able to reuse the "I" for Isaac's towel from Brian's.