Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Day: ECHO's, Swiming Lessons, Sweet Prayers, and Peppercorns

Isaac had his ECHO today and he does have a small hole in his heart. It is called a ventricular apical septal defect. Usually they close on their own by 1 year. His is constrictive which is good. It means that as the heart muscle contracts the hole constricts (or gets smaller.) So, it isn't serious even if it doesn't close as far as I understand. Thank God!

Hannah had her first swimming lessons today. I watched from behind a glass wall and all I saw were smiles...well, and Hannah interrupting the lesson to show the teacher her painted nails. :) She went under lots of times, jumped off the side to the teacher, learned water safety, and practiced floating. She even got to go on the huge winding slide, the highlight of the lesson! She loved it and wants to go back! Success!

At the grocery store, I was looking for mini pumpkins to put tea light candles in for fall decoration. They were all gone and I commented to Genna that I was so sad that I didn't buy them last week because now I can't find any. She said, "God, please help my mom find the little pumpkins." She was an angel all morning and quite the opposite all afternoon. Hannah's swimming lessons run into nap time a bit which makes for a cranky Genna!

I screwed up dinner tonight. Well, it wasn't totally ruined I guess. I made a creamy chicken and potato soup and towards the end I added the salt and started grinding pepper into it. That's when it happened! The bottom fell right off of the pepper grinder and millions of whole peppercorns went right into the soup! I spent more time picking them all out than I did cooking the meal in the first place. It was still a bit peppery though!

No comments: