Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Carols-Our Family Favorites!

I LOVE Christmas music! Here are some of our favorites:

My favorites are Breath of Heaven (by Amy Grant) and I'll be Home for Christmas. Both frequently bring tears to my eyes! Anything that makes me cry is a winner for me! Call me crazy, but I love to cry! (edit: I forgot What Child is This! I love that one too!)

Brian's favorite is Emanuel.

Hannah's favorite is The Twelve Days of Christmas by Natalie Cole.

Genna's favorites are Jingle Bells (two years in a row, in fact, I was singing this at bedtime well into April) and The Christmas Song (You know, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."). She goes around singing "Many times, many ways!" She's my most musical one!

Isaac so far is not a big fan of music or singing. If he's crying, it usually just makes him cry louder. This is a huge switch from Genna being calmed by any song as a baby. You didn't even have to pick her up, just sing to her. Maybe he'll grow into liking it at least a little. I have seen no preference for Christmas songs as of yet. :)

What are your favorites?

Soon to come... favorite Christmas foods!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love "Mary Did You Know?" and "O Holy Night"

(and I love to cry too! Peniel thinks I'm crazy and my family thought I was weird when I purposefully chose sad books to read or movies to watch!)