Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Little Updates on My Sweethearts

Hannah is loving being 4 years old as you can see! She made this hat with her teachers in German Kindergarten and has worn ever since. She also hasn't taken off her I am 4 necklace that Mimi sent except to sleep (and I made her take it off for Masses too)! The teachers asked me to bring some treats for her class the day they celebrated her birthday. I got up early that morning only to realize that I was out of eggs. So I ran to the store made 24 cupcakes and took them to her school. Then they tell me that they can't have home-made goods because of some stomach problems that didn't translate well. Maybe allergies? Anyway, I had to give the cupcakes away to my Catholic woman's group so we didn't have more left over sweets at the house.

When we set up the Crib for Jesus with the cotton balls. I explained the way it worked to the girls that they got to make His crib soft every time they did something to good, like obeying or loving someone, etc. Well, immediately this spurred on Hannah to have spontaneous prayers. She said, "Oh, Mommy, I have to pray right now!" She runs over and sits at the table and folds her hands in prayer. She looks up at me and says, "I am praying because then I can put a cotton ball in Jesus' crib." A bit reward motivated, do you think?


Genna is testing limits still, but overall she's doing alright. She has finally learned a few letters, A, G, H, and O. She points them out where ever she sees them. Plus, she surprised me by writing a perfect H yesterday. I guess she's seen Hannah do it enough that she just figured it out. I have been trying to teach her to write a G forever, but it isn't an easy one to write. She's making us laugh as always with her silly spontaneous songs and stories. This face says it all!


This little guy has been a bit fussy lately. I haven't figured out why, but he hasn't been as content laying around watching us as usual. He might be getting bored with the same old routine. We got out the exersaucer today and it kept him happy a while. He can grab toys that are right in front of him pretty well. Daddy had some trouble with him while I was at my doctor's appointment. He didn't really want the bottle. He is learning to fall asleep on his own, but still has a hard time occasionally. He's slowed on his growth a bit and is still hovering around 19 lbs. Still a big boy though!

No comments: