Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Official...

the ditsy gene was passed on to Genevieve! Bless her heart! It has been passed down for many generations from my maternal grandmother's lineage. I wish I could remember all the stories I've heard, but at the moment I can only think of a few. I am sure my family can think of many more! I can't think of a specific story about Nanny either. Please, post a comment with more ditsy family stories if you can remember a good one I've forgotten!

1. My sister actually vacuumed the whole living room without plugging the vacuum in!

2. My mom was driving with a fountain drink in her hand (a common occurrence if you know her,) and when she turned a corner the whole drink turned upside down as she turned the wheel with both hands.

3. My mom also was caught ironing with candles set up all around her in her college dorm. Why is this ditsy? Because the candles were so she could see during the power outage!

So here's my daughter's story to add to the collection! Genna has been potty training this last week, and doing very well. She's been wearing big girl panties, telling me when she has to go, then doing it all by herself! She's only had a few accidents too which is great! However, this morning she was supposed to take her Pull Up off and put on her panties. I hear her laughing and look over to find her taking her panties back off because she had forgotten to take off her Pull Up AND her pants before putting the panties on! What a Space Cadet! She has quite the personality! Last night when I got out the fingernail polish to paint the girls' nails, I asked what color they each wanted. Genna says, "I want them all!" I started to say that she needed to pick just one, but then I thought "Why not?" I don't want to squash her creativity even if an orange nail next to pinks and purples is not the most aesthetically pleasing combination. :)

Brian and I must carry the recessive ditsy genes, right? :)

No comments: