Friday, December 12, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

We had to say goodbye to Brian yesterday. It was a long emotional day for all of us, except Isaac I guess. Bless his little heart. He doesn't have a clue about what's going on. We were exhausted by the end of the day, and by dinner time there were lots of tears in this house. Today, on the other hand, was much smoother! We certainly don't have a good routine down yet for getting to bed since Daddy has put the girls to bed since Isaac was born pretty much. So now I have to figure out how to get them all to bed by myself by 8pm. I am sure we'll figure out a way. I remember having the same problem when Brian had to be away for a 3 month trip when Genna was 7 months old and Hannah was 2 yrs old. I figured it out after a couple of weeks and then it was smooth sailing.

Here are some pictures from his last night at home with the girls in their new pajamas that he got them as a going away gift. They say "Key to Daddy's Heart" on them and have keys all over the pants. He also gave them each a religious token to remember him by. To Hannah he gave a key chain with a cross that has a picture of Pope Benedict XVI on it. To Genna he gave a decade wooden rosary. Hannah is putting hers on her backpack to take to school, and she holds it whenever she misses him. Yes, she has already gotten sad and needed to hold it! I told her it hasn't even been two days and he's gone all the time for 2 days or even 2 weeks, but you can't reason with a 4 year old. :) Besides she's a Daddy's girl!

I hope he doesn't kill me for putting this next one up on the blog, but it was his idea to take this one. It is my favorite because it shows him playing and being silly with the girls. There is nothing that makes me love him more than when I see him with our children being cuddly or silly. I love it! I'm going to get a big print of this one for the girl's rooms.


We love you, Honey, and we miss you already!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Very cute pictures! Can't wait to see you all!

Love,
Aunt Leah

Jashley and Grant said...

These pictures are extremely precious of your family! They are growing up so fast! Your girls are just beautiful, and Isaac is quite handsome! I'm so glad that y'all are getting to go home to Texas for Christmas! We really wish we could see y'all this Christmas. It was so wonderful getting to see you all this past year, I had so much fun playing with your daughters!

Anonymous said...

By looking at the last pic, we think that Brian may need to visit the dentist for a new set of partials. :) Love, Kristie