Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

We have had a pretty good week considering all the jet lag and trying to get back into a routine. Isaac had 2 bad nights and the rest have been better. He is still not back to consistently sleeping through the night, but I imagine that will take time (and maybe a few tears). The trip back went so much better than on the way there. So praise God for that! The kids slept a lot on the plane since it was an over night flight. I, however, didn't sleep a wink. :) It definitely seemed like the day that never ended.

This week I did some early (way early) spring cleaning. I guess it is more like dead of the winter cleaning. I took the rail off Genna's crib since she is potty trained during the day and we are working on night time. She is loving it! Such a big girl! She even hops up on the real toilet to go. None of that little kid potty business for her! She is so much more motivated to be a big girl than Hannah that I think that she actually ends up encouraging Hannah to do things on her own. Hannah is trying to cling desperately to babyhood. Here's Genna's "new" big girl bed!

I did an overhaul of all the toys and moved all toys with small parts either into the girl's rooms or into bins that only Mom can open. This is because our little Bruiser is on the move! He's not actually crawling yet, but he gets where he wants to go and fast. He does occasionally get stuck in a corner though! ;) Here's our new Isaac friendly toy corner!

Here is Hannah's toy corner in her room!

Here is Genna's toy corner in her room!

Plus, while I was in the states I bought some quilts for the kid's rooms and a rug for Isaac's. Genna's will have to wait until she gets a bigger bed, but I did get her one too. I want to use our extra twin beds for now for guest beds. Here are Hannah's and Isaac's!

Hannah's goes with her Degas ballerina theme. The ballerina on the quilt has a real tutu which you can't really see in this picture. The quilt says, "Goodnight Stars goodnight moon, Goodnight friedns we'll see you soon." This is another reason I fell for this quilt. Daddy always read Goodnight Moon to her when she was little. (He's actually done it with each child.)

The rug is so soft and comfy! Isaac's quilt is on the guest bed that is in his room for now.

I am going to be busy the next few evenings doing my last minute Lent preparations! I have some great ideas (most of them not my own, I have to admit) for us to unite our sufferings with Christ this Lent and to celebrate with Him on Easter too as a family! I am trying to find a way to incorporate Dad too despite the distance! I also have to throw together a cat costume for Hannah for tomorrow. Her school is celebrating with a carnival before Ash Wednesday. And, of course, she didn't want to be anything in her dress up box. So I am using my creative juices (which I LOVE to do) and trying to be Super Mom! Pictures to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

Leah said...

The quilts look so good! Muarry(sp?) seems to like Isaac's new rug too! :) Hope all is well! Love ya'll!