Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Butterfly Field Trip

See the giant moth?  The kids all drew a picture of this one

We went with some friends to a butterfly exhibit at Brookside Nature Center with both live and dead butterflies to examine.  We made a smart trade off with a friend and took their 5 year old daughter and left Drew to play with his buddy.  It was much easier for me since strollers were not permitted in the butterfly room.  I would have been chasing Drew all over.


Isaac enjoyed handling the dead butterflies a lot.


The girls stood around trying desperately to get a butterfly to land on them.  They ended up being briefly successful, but I had several on my shoulder and one on my nose without even trying.




Afterwards, we had a picnic before heading back home.  Fun and busy day!

No comments: