Saturday, June 1, 2013

Daddy's the best!

Not only has he built them a playhouse from nothing, 

It is still a work in progress for Brian.  He is currently working on the trim on Sunday afternoons.  He also plans to add a sandbox and cover underneath and stairs in the back.  I am telling him to hold off on the stairs because I don't want Drew to be able to get up there yet and he can't do the ladder.
but he also took them camping in our backyard for no reason last Saturday night.  Drew and I stayed in the comfort of our own beds and the rest camped out in the back.  Camping sounds like actual torture to me at this point since I am pretty much only comfortable in my memory foam bed on my right side, with my leg on a pillow, and two pillows under my head and a pillow to hug.  Hey, all pregnant women are particular about their pillows, right?  

Happy Campers!

Anyway they were SO excited that they were bouncing in their seats at dinner (on the deck,) and I would go so far as to call it a camping high.  They were colder than they thought and didn't bother to put on the long sleeves and socks that I required them to have out there.  Sunday morning Hannah was the crankiest and the most tired.  I required naps from everybody that day nonetheless.

This weekend he took them stargazing.  I was supposed to do this as part of our Science curriculum, but my loving husband took my place.  I got to sew and rest while they went in search for the Big Dipper, Littler Dipper, North Star, and some other constellations that can be seen this time of year.  They were armed with our Glow-in-the-Dark Constellation book, Find the Constellations, and Field Guide to the Night Sky.

When they got back at almost 11pm last night Isaac came in to tell me that the two cool things were the fireflies and the raccoon they saw.  Hannah's favorite part was the stars.  She had found the Big Dipper before they were out of the car.  Genna's favorite part was finding the Big Dipper.  I hope we can go one more time later in the summer to see if we can find any different constellations.  Maybe I will be up for it that time.  :)

No comments: