Monday, October 26, 2015

Bobby at 3 months

Seriously, two to three months has been Bobby's "Angel Baby" phase.  I don't know if he'll be this chilled for the duration or not, but I have loved it so far!


First off he finally got this falling asleep on his back thing down with minimal to no crying depending on the day.  Then he started napping better.  Basically, he'll nap well for several days and then appear to be all caught up on sleep and go back to short naps (but even the short naps are longer...45-60 minutes...than he was doing...10-20 minutes) for a few days.  Then we repeat. Sometimes the cycles are longer or shorter, but you get the gist of it.  The most important thing to me is that the babies are happy in between naps and will go to sleep relatively easily.  He is fitting that bill this month for sure.  I can lay him down for his awake time, and he is good to go until he is getting sleepy or just wants to be moved somewhere else.

This is my regularly scheduled baby in the laundry basket photo because how else do you get a basket of clean laundry and a baby up the stairs?

Second, he is only my second baby to be sleeping between 5 and 8 hours at night in a row this young.  Genevieve was the first, and like Genevieve, Bobby is a short napper most of the time so this seems to make sense.  They've got to sleep sometime, right?


He just moved into size 3 diapers and he is almost out of his 3-6 month clothes.  I think he's about 16 lbs, and he may be my smallest boy yet if so.  He's still a little chunk though.  Look at those cheeks!



He is also grasping toys that are hanging right in front of him and putting them in his mouth.  He can hold onto the ring type toys pretty well, but he is getting to the point where he gets a little frustrated when he drops them whereas before he didn't care too much.


Bobby is not easily upset by noises or much of anything unless he is over due for a nap and then he gets more sensitive.  When he does start to make a face like he is going to cry after getting startled, if you smile, his face will quickly turn into a smile as well most of the time.  Seriously, an angel.  



At the beginning of this month he started laughing.  In fact, it is only fitting that his very first real and repeated laugh was for my good friend who was there when he came into the world, Ann, and her daughter, Bridget.  His laughs are to die for.  A very unique thing about the Bobster is that he loves his vitamin D drops.  Each night before I read him his poem before bed I give him his drops and he giggles away at me in between sips.  He smiles in response to almost anyone's smiles.  His dimples are killing me, of course.  He has a really amazing smile.  I can prove it.  Scroll down and enjoy the wonderfulness of Bobby!


What'd I tell you?  Exhibit #1



Exhibit #2

Exhibit #3




Since I wrote this post a while back when he actually turned 3 months old, I should say that he caught the cough that the rest of the family had and promptly stopped sleeping through the night.  He's still a doll baby though!  What does it matter?  This move overseas is going to mess everybody up anyway.

No comments: