Friday, July 27, 2018

From Carcassonne to Barcelona

Carcassonne is a Medieval, walled city.  You may be seeing a pattern here.  My husband is a little bit in love with stuff built in the Middle Ages.


One of the Entrances to the City

Candy is what makes her smile the biggest.

We found a place to get Cassolette because Brian had been raving about it since coming to the south of France without me.  I have got to tell you, I didn't love it.  I only had one and restaurants are not all equal, even with very common, traditional dishes.  I did think I could cook it though and make it more to my liking.  The duck confit might be hard to come by, but maybe I can figure something out.


We stumbled upon this church under some serious construction and heard this Russian Orthodox Quartet sing beautifully.  


Russian Singing Quartet






Really we just looked around for a while before driving the rest of the way to Barcelona.  We discovered this very sad piece of art that makes a sort of bullseye on one of the entrances to the city.  The weird part is that anyone would think it's a good idea to defile a Medieval city with this, but it is impressive how all the yellow parts are on various pieces of the wall.  You can only see this bulls-eye view when you are at the right angle.  The whole way, we were wondering what the yellow "tape" is for until we hit just the right spot.

Just Weird Modern Art on Medieval Walls

On the Balcony in the Apartment in Barcelona

Right Outside our Apartment

Arc de Triomphe, but not the one in Paris!
We arrived in Barcelona just in enough time to find parking, unload the van, and feed the kids.  Brian and I went out to dinner alone just across the street to get tapas.  The food in Barcelona was really amazing, one of the best, if not the best in all our travel experiences in Europe.

No comments: