Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Boys Doing Boy Stuff

Isaac had a pretty good ending to his baseball season that started out a little rough because I was late to register him (not realizing that they start practices in February when we were still in the thick of basketball and football seasons.)  One of his first practices he was hit in the face by the ball when a teammate threw it to him, but didn't make sure he was looking first.  The team made it to the playoffs, but lost the first playoff game.  Isaac had a super hit in the game to decide the playoffs though.  He became the clean up hitter on the lineup over the course of the season.  He can hit the strikes, but in this age strikes are the exception.  Therefore, there is a lot of walking and stealing going on.



Troops of St. George had a camp out this spring.  The boys got to fish and Isaac learned to put a worm on a hook.  Drew did not have the perseverance for it though yet.  The boys were so exhausted after two night of camping out!




The older two boys went with Dad another weekend to a friend's ranch and got to work on gun safety and shooting.


The rest of us met them out there and Bob got to sit on a four-wheeler and climb on a tractor.  Genevieve got to drive the golf cart, and Hannah claimed "she nearly killed" them.  I'm sure that was an exaggeration.




Drew gave me a fright at the playground between the library and the YMCA.  There are two kid playgrounds and then there is an adult outdoor exercise area with resistance machines.  While a friend of mine was standing in the shade of the cover on the adult exercise area, the kids gravitated over to us and started trying out the equipment.  I was watching and had warmed them about watching out where the equipment is in relation to their friends.  Alas, Judah's friend hopped off a machine and the bar attched to it that had been held back by his weight swung forward right as Drew walked by.  The metal bar hit him on the forehead.  He stopped and rubbed it really slowly.  I asked him if it hit him and he kinda did a half smile and said, "Yes."  I told him to come here and I pulled his hair out of the way to check his head.  My friend and I gasped at the same time.  Drew looked dumbfounded, still not crying, and asked, "What?" a little dazed like.  We decided to see if the library had ice and I asked him his name and a bunch of questions before I let him move.  He kept laughing at my "silly" questions.  What's your name?  How old are you?  Who's the president of the United States?  I was just sure this was a concussion that was going to show itself in a delayed fashion.  So I asked him if I could carry him.  Again, he chuckled  and said I could.  Then he started asking what was wrong and if he could see it.  I pushed getting ice on it first and sitting down for a while.  I took these pictures so I could send them to Brian and see what he thought I should do.  He ended up being totally fine, but I watched him for a couple of days pretty closely and kept the activity to a minimum as best I could could.  Hannah blacked out the next day after a concussion once, so you never can tell.



On a more happy note, I love that we are able to go to my nephews' games and performances.  Turner had a TOTS performance that we quite enjoyed.  My favorite was that he kept asking his dad in the middle if he could shoot yet.  Sorry to disappoint the guy, but there was no shooting in this one.  He rocked his dribbling and following instructions!




Brian just though this was adorable.  Bobby was looking for a lid for his milk cup I bet.  He suddenly has had an increase in milk drinking again, but it has to have a lid and a straw to be fun you know.  You can't blow bubbles sufficiently if it doesn't.


No comments: