Thursday, June 27, 2019

Drew's First Holy Communion

I made the cake over the course of several days.  We had an intimate gathering planned afterwards at our house.  My parents and Brian's were able to make it, but his mom was out of town.  It's the first time we've been able to have grandparents present for this sacrament in our family.


Before!

After!
 I took Drew early to get in the line up and the rest of the family came in the van with Brian.  I sat with Drew since they asked for one or two parents to sit with the First Communicants. 

Drew has a tendency to get nauseated easily.  In the car.  If he's too hot.  If he didn't eat enough.  When he kneels.  He has trouble kneeling for long.   That was our only issue during the Mass.  He was fine, but he has to put his head down a little and lean back on the seat.




Bobby suddenly wouldn't leave my side and so I was trying to hide him behind me, but it didn't work from this angle.



I was so excited to give him his quilt!  He helped me pick out the fabrics to mix with his baby clothes and I "designed" a nautical themed striped quilt with squares of his baby clothes forming an "X" on it.  It was nautical because that was what his baby room was (and, therefore, he had many matching blankets and outfits.)  His favorite color is red and everything has to be red all the time, so I made sure it had a lot of red in it.



It was a good day...a great day!

No comments: