Friday, January 19, 2024

Another 4th Generation Aggie!



 Genevieve applied to three colleges and got into all three before Christmas. She has decided that she will be going to A&M where her sister is. She, like Hannah, will be a 4th generation Aggie. My grandfather, my dad and all his brothers, my mom, and Brian and I all went to Texas A&M.

People keep asking me if she's excited, and I realized I really wasn't actually that sure. I asked her and she said that yes she is happy that she got in and somewhat excited. However, she said that she is enjoying her senior year so much she just wants to live in the moment not really think about next year.  She and Hannah are so very opposite. Hannah couldn't wait to get through her senior year and go to college.  

With college applications and her play behind her, Genevieve's focus right now is on her senior thesis which is on the feminine genius using the books, the Odyssey, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and the play Antigone for her defense. She is also in the middle of basketball season where she is the starting center Post and usually starts the game with the ball tip.  She is also working, has a very full social life, and a constant stream of babysitting requests.  This makes it so that we rarely see her, and she doesn't even make it home for dinner most nights. When she is home with free time she is painting, drinking hot tea, or snuggling with Roman.  She loves to take Roman on walks when the weather is not quite so bitterly cold.  I often will go with her if I have time and we have our very best chats during these walks.  I am working on her senior photo board and gathering pictures for her senior banquet. Once we pick a date for her graduation party her announcements/invitations will get printed.

The aforementioned play that she was in was a one act Little Women in which she played Meg, the oldest sister.  She killed it and we were so very proud of her!  She particularly shined during the engagement scene in which she gets very flustered and played it to a tee.  That scene filled the audience with giggles.

In costume


No comments: