Saturday, January 13, 2024

Throwback Post #2 (Christmas 2022)

Christmas wasn't quite what we expected in 2022.  Roman had just gotten off his wound vac and we were doing dressing changes twice a day.  They gave us permission to go to my hometown which was just a 4.5 hour drive away.  Since living back in Texas, we go every year for my absolute favorite childhood tradition of the big Cousin Christmas Eve Extravaganza.  We had a wonderful time with my extended family, but Brian and I were both getting increasingly concerned about how his wound looked by Christmas Eve.  

My beautiful girls

By looking at him, you'd never know what was under that cute button down.  He is such a tough guy!

Of course, Judah would be sitting at the dessert table ;)

The matriarchs :)

Uncle D, Cousin Mark, my daddy, and my Cousin L
A side note from present day: My second cousin, Mark, was just diagnosed a few days after Christmas in 2023 angiosarcoma.  He went into the hospital on Christmas Eve and missed our annual extravaganza.  Prayers are appreciated!

Two generations of women

The whole party!

 Unfortunately, by the day after Christmas when we called his surgeon, they said based on the pictures we sent that we did need to come in as soon as we got home.  We were packing the van already, so by that afternoon we were up at the hospital.  He had an infection and was admitted on the spot for another surgery the following day.  And so continued our saga...

No comments: