Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Genevieve's surprising everyone, even me!


I have been so surprised how social she has been on this trip. Normally, if there's a large group or new people talk to her she clings to me until people don't notice her anymore. Since coming to the states, she has been very quick to open up to people. She seems to have a soft spot for Poppa Boat. Today she asked me for more grapes (her absolute favorite food in the world!) and I said, "After you eat some more peas." She didn't miss a beat and turned straight to her Poppa Boat saying, "Poppa Boat, may I have some more grapes, please?" I guess she figured out that he has a soft spot for her as well!
She is also much more aware of what everyone is saying than I thought. I knew she understood, but I didn't know she listened as carefully as she does. The other day, Hannah got scared during a game of monster with her Unlce Kent that was initiated by her. She was crying in Mimi's arms when Poppa Boat asked Genna if she was scared too. Genna said, "No Genna's not scared; Hannah's not tough." Oops! That may be a direct quote from Mommy. I probably shouldn't say that anymore! Bad Mommy!
Genna is continuing to wow everyone with her long intricate sentences and her cute answers to "Why" questions. She has actually been out talking her sister lately which I would never have dreamed would happen. My only problem with that is that I LOVE quiet, and the way things are looking I may not meet my quiet quota again until my kid's are out of the house!



1 comment:

Leah said...

Such cute pictures of Genna! I love the doll house one!! :)