Sunday, February 10, 2008

Welcome back to the USA!

We finally made it back. It was a long and very stressful week of trying to catch a plane to get over here, but we finally made it and just in time for our flight from DC to Texas. The girls slept most of the plane trips, so that was nice, but getting on and off the plane and around the airport was not always so easy. I really don't know how I will do it with another little one.
Hannah made so many friends this week that we had to have another talk about strangers. She actually took off through security with another family we had met because she wanted to be with her friend. Oh dear! In Germany it is a bit safer for her to be so social, but here it makes me very nervous. I have to admit she is quite the charmer. She had a grandma doing Ring Around the Rosie with her in the terminal, and the man next to her on our longest flight (referred to by Hannah as "Someone special") sang songs with her and told her stories until she fell asleep. Where did she come from? My favorite thing she said on the plane was, "Mommy, how does the airplane move without any feet?" That's a cute 3 year old question, huh?
Genna wanted me to do whatever some stranger was doing with Hannah, i.e. Ring Around the Rosie. She wanted to do it with sister, but didn't want to get that close to a stranger. She has had a hard time since she is not getting 13 hours of sleep at night, her usual beauty sleep requirements. She's been acting a bit like a (dare I say it?)...a two year old. I put her to bed early tonight and hope she can catch up soon so I can have my sweetie back.

It has been very strange being back. The light switches are lower, there are not 5 different kind of recycling trash cans at everyone's home, there are malls (I seriously forgot about them!), and to top it all off everyone speaks English. I am overwhelmed with a plethora of restaurants from which to choose! I am especially anticipating the Mexican food. When we first walked out of the airport Hannah wanted to know what that smell was. I replied, "It's pollution, Honey. We don't really have that in Germany, I guess."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy yall are in the USA- talked to Kristen and she caught me up! Get some rest and enjoy NANA and James

Love you!
MOM

Leah said...

Yay! Can't wait to see ya'll! :)