Monday, February 25, 2008

Lessons only grandparents can teach

Well, it all started when Hannah and I were playing in the kitchen and she fell. She fell on her bottom and hands on the tile which could not have merited the crazy dramatic response that it got. Since I was involved in the fall, she starts wailing for Mimi. Mimi rushes in and takes her away. At the same time I got Genna out of the high chair and she ran in to follow them only to discover that Mimi was giving chocolate to Hannah to make her feel better. So I walk in, and say, "What! Are you kidding me?! What's the chocolate for this time?" My mom sheepishly admits it is to make her feel better since she fell and was crying. Genna then starts doing this weird squat thing. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "Genna wants to fall down." That is impressive for a 21 month old! She learned very quickly how to get some chocolate in this house. I think I am going to have to confiscate all the chocolate in the house for the duration of this visit. This is getting ridiculous!

No comments: