Monday, November 4, 2013

All Saint's Day Party

Our pumpkin family
The All Saint's Day party was a hit.  After our co-op on Friday we hosted this year's All Saint's Day party in our very own backyard.  As you know I just had a baby a couple of months ago, so I made this as simple as can be and delegated as much as possible.  All I really had to do was clean the house, set up one game, order pizza, collect money for said pizza, and run the party.  Not too bad, considering it could have been a lot more involved if I'd let my inner Pinterest Mommy Monster out.  Don't worry, I squelched that beast and made this as stress free as I could.


First we lined up for a parade around the yard.  I announced the saints as they passed me.  The moms led us in a lively rendition of When the Saints Go Marching In.  As to be expected, the littlest saints didn't really walk in the parade, they wandered around.  




Then it was group picture time!



We had three game stations that we divided up the 25 kids among.  My game was St. Terese of the Little Flower basketball.  I taped pictures of roses to the balls and a picture of St. Terese to the basketball goal.  They were throwing flowers to St. Terese.  Everyone got a Holy Saint Trader card as a prize.  I had a little goal for the toddlers to shoot in too.





Brian ran the game for me so I could nurse little Judah and hand out the prizes.

Genna really put her back into it, huh?

Bowling down the seven deadly sins with pumkins

I didn't get a picture of this game in action because of nursing the baby, but it was some kind of "pin the tail on the donkey" game involving St. Francis.

We had a musical saint game and then a game called Sin Ball.  I wish I had gotten pictures of these games being played because the kids had so much fun.

Getting their shields and directions for Sin Ball.
 We ate pizza and the kids played a little more before we called it a night.  The kids are totally wiped out from all the activity!

Star of the party...St. Jude the Apostle, a missionary of the Church
This little man slept, nursed, and then hung out in the bouncy seat on the deck for the whole party.  Stellar behavior!

No comments: