Friday, November 22, 2013

Judah is 3 months old today.


I can't believe this guy is already 3 months old, and yet at the same time  it seems he's always been with us. I have not been posting weekly about him like I did with Drew.  This is because I am just too busy.  Busy with five kids?  What?  I know.  Every once in a while I have a daydream about putting my kids in school, and I think about how clean my house would be and how much more time I would have.  Then I snap out of it and remember that teaching their hearts and heads is much more lasting than a clean house and some free time.


Anyway, back to my boy.  He is just as cute as ever.  He's rolled from tummy to back a couple of times, but it is still very accidental.  For the last month he has been more of a 45 minute napper than not.  I am doing everything right and yet still he persists with mostly short naps.  So I am resigned to this behavior.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him sleep drink.  He is not doing that great at night anymore.  Before the ridiculous time change he was waking consistently between 3 and 4am, but now he is all over the place.  To top it all off he is having trouble going back to sleep after that nursing.  By having trouble, I mean screaming for 45 minutes until I cave and reinsert the pacifier.   BUT on the bright side he is a wonderfully pleasant baby.  He is happy most of the time just hanging out.  I can definitely tell he is happier when the kids are around than when they disappear for reading or playing outside.  I catch him often with his thumb, fingers, or fist in his mouth.  He still likes the pacifier, but can't keep it in or put it in himself which would really be helpful.  He likes his play gym and bouncy seat the best right now.  His bassinet must be too lonely for him now.  He doesn't last long in there.  He's in 6-9 month clothes mostly and just moved to a size 3 diaper because of his fatso tummy that I love.

Not super great at holding up his head.  It might be my fault since I have been forgetting tummy time some days.




No comments: