Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Festivities


Since we were traveling, we opened a few gifts before we left and then the rest when we got home.  Before we left, the girls got their gift from Daddy.  Brian built them this doll bunk bed for their American Girl dolls.  Super Dad scores again!  Genna's doll gets top bunk since Hannah gets the top bunk in real life.



Isaac was pretty happy about the Ninjago, huh?


This toy turned out to be a bit too old for Drew.  He presses buttons, scribbles on the screen and he's off again to tackle bigger and better things.  I should have known since he is more of a physical guy than a computer guy.
Then we headed to Roanoke, VA to visit some of Brian's family.  His mom and brother made the trip as well.  It was a nice couple of days with family.  It was the first Christmas in a long long time that I haven't had to cook.

Christmas Morning
I had told Brian that I would try midnight mass this year, but I don't know what I was thinking since we were in a hotel for two nights and I am still not getting to sleep through the night on a regular basis.  So, I backed out and took Isaac to the earlier Christmas Eve mass and let Brian take the girls to the midnight mass.  I was sound asleep in the hotel room with the three boys long before they even made it to mass.  Maybe next year?  I kind of doubt it.

We may not have filled up a pew yet, but we definitely overfilled this couch.
Christmas morning we slept in a bit. (That means 7:30/8am for us.)  We ate breakfast at the hotel and then joined the family for gift opening.  We had a late lunch Christmas meal and a light left over dinner.


This is Paw Paw with the kids.

Had to get a photo of my handsome two year old in a tie.


His personality!
We had to buy a luggage rack the morning we left in order to make it home with all the gifts.  I am now in the throws of reorganizing the whole house, room by room, and getting rid of old toys to make room for the new ones.

No comments: