Friday, March 27, 2015

19 months and counting

Judah is now over 19 months, but he got his 18 month check up a little late, and it reminded me to do a little update on him.



He was 33 1/2 in. and 25.13 lbs.  His head circumference was 21 in.  He was good for the doctor, but didn't like when they tried to get his pulse/ox on his toe.  He cried for just a moment when he was given the four vaccines, but then he was done and happy to eat his lollipop.


Judah's schedule is still the same.

Wake at 6:45am (usually already awake and playing quietly in his crib when I go get him)
Nap 9-11am (occasionally will not sleep, but play the whole time nicely in his crib)
Nap 2-4pm
Bed time at 7:30pm

In the shower

Judah is a good eater most of the time, so I don't worry if he won't eat much for dinner on occasion.  He eats a good amount of vegetables and fruit.


Unique things about Judah at this age...

He loves to hug babies or anyone around his size that he deems a baby even if they are strangers on the playground.  And not just one hug either!  He hugs them until they are telling their mommy that "the baby won't stop hugging them."  It is adorable and funny to watch!  He's going to be such a loving big brother.


He's very particular.  When it's time for mommy cuddles while I pray and sing with him before bed, he needs to lay his head on my chest, but he only likes his face to touch skin, not my clothes, and he always demands that I move my hair and necklace out of the way for him.  Judah is a big fit thrower too when he doesn't get what he wants.  We saw that with wanting to go outside when he couldn't or having to to come inside.  It extends much further now, to  everything from not wanting to wait for his food to come out of the microwave, to not wanting a banana cut a certain way, to not wanting to be buckled in his car seat or high chair.  It's getting ridiculous.  I don't give in to him almost ever, but his fits never seem to end.  they go on and on and on sometimes, unless we can distract him before he gets too worked up.


He loves baths, animals, books, hugs and playing outside!  His favorite song was Twinkle Twinkle, but is now My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean.


On Sunday, he got a good boo boo on his face.  Drew picked up a chunk of pavement from the road about the size of my hand and threw it without looking.  It hit Judah right in the corner of his eye.  he's pretty scraped up, but he was mostly okay.  Drew was finished with his outside playtime a little early that day.  Judah loves outside so much that when I brought him in to clean up his face and get a cold pack, he was oscillating crying out "eye" and "outside" until I took him back outside.

1 comment:

The Pilots Wife said...

LOVE the 1st shower picture!! What a cutie! I'm jealous of all his naps. I could get so much done in that amount of time. :)