Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Drop you snow"

I am temporarily interrupting my Rome posting sequence for a very important announcement...
Isaac said his first three word sentence today. As we were leaving the library after story time, I was carrying him and my bag and a bag of books for the family. He started to slide down and would try to climb back up me so he wouldn't fall. I said to him, "I'm not going to drop you, Honey." Then I teasingly added, "I guess I could drop you in the snow." He replied, "Drop you snow," and nodded his head. I love the first three word sentence milestone! He's been putting two words together for a few weeks or so.

While we were at the library, he did something kind of funny too. I was grabbing some books for the girls in the kid section and he was playing with some toys. I went over to him to ask what he was doing. He had stacked a couple toys on top of each other. He pointed at them and then at the ceiling and said, "Boom." It took me only a second to realize he was simulating fireworks. The little tower he had made with a flag on top did sort of resemble the fireworks from New Year's Eve. I reminded him that he didn't even like the loud boom of the fireworks, but he insisted that's what he wanted. So we pretended to do fireworks, trying to be appropriately quiet in the library. What a boy!

Genna posed Isaac this way and asked that we take a picture of him. Notice the purse on his arm and the stuffed dog he is holding. He is sitting in his "Elmo" chair, as he calls it. Every one of the Sesame characters is "Elmo" to him.

No comments: