Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good, Clean Fun

I like to get messy as much as the next guy, but... Who am I kidding! I actually have to work at letting my kids get dirty. I have to admit with each kid I get better and better at allowing some messiness though. In this case, however, I was excited to have a fun craft to do with Isaac that was mess free. I found this online somewhere, but I can't remember where. All you need is a sponge to cut up, paints, a large Ziploc bag and a piece of paper. You dip the sponge pieces in different colors and zip them up safely in the bag with a piece of paper. Isaac squeezed and shook and pounded and then he threw it on the floor and was ready for a snack. This was a short craft, needless to say. (Side story: He has been a bit of a monster lately eating everything in site. Hannah has actually taken to spelling foods around him so he won't freak out and start asking for whatever it is repetitively. How considerate of her! Genna is usually oblivious to this and starts trying to guess what food she is spelling, rattling off a half a dozen foods aloud. So in the end he is asking for more than the one food Hannah was trying to spell.)

Here he is squishing away.


Here is his masterpiece.


Such easy clean up! Dump the sponges in the sink and rinse them out and voile!

No comments: