Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sweet as pie and comical too

Genevieve's gift is her compassionate, sharing, loving heart. Something that happened a few weeks ago has stayed with me, and I want to remember it forever. It was something so simple, but so true to her character. We had to go to a different church than usual since we were leaving town that day, and they had a children's liturgy there. The girls have never gone to that before, so they wanted to try it. When they returned to join us in Mass, Hannah had a little nativity magnet and Genna didn't. Hannah was showing hers to us and I asked Genna why she didn't get one. Genna responded with a little shrug of one shoulder, saying, "She skipped over me." Brian and I were so moved by her generosity and acceptance that we got her a special lollipop later on that day. Most kids, including my eldest, would have cried and had a hard time with this, but not my Vieve. Unfortunately, this leaves Hannah nearly always getting her way since Genna gives her whatever she wants most of the time even if I try to intervene on Genna's behalf.

She has another gift too though...she's hilarious. She cracks me up, getting dressed all backwards with tags in her face and shoes on the wrong feet. Her funny stories are to die for. She's become very outgoing and will tell people the longest stories, not noticing that they don't have a clue what she's talking about or that they aren't even listening at all. She's in another world most of the time. I love that she bursts into song at random times.

As long as I am telling Genna stories, the other day she busted out with, "Mom, Hannah is not respecting me!" when Hannah wouldn't stop tickling her after she asked a million times. (I am always telling them to respect people if they ask you to stop doing something.) Cute girl!

No comments: