Sunday, January 31, 2010

Leg Warmers

I made leg warmers out of socks that I found on clearance at Target back in the states. I can't believe I waited this long to make them because they seriously took me 15 minutes to make two sets. I had the girls try them on and they both complained about them being snug and uncomfortable. This isn't because they are too small, but because my girls are super picky about how things look and feel. I asked, "Would you wear them if I sewed Hello Kitty on them?" and got a resounding "Yes!" in reply. So a couple days later, here they are with a unique, hand-drawn and embroidered Hello Kitty on one of each set of leg warmers.


What happened when they tried them on, my pickiest daughter (who shall remain nameless, but you can probably figure it out from the first picture I took below) said, "Can we take them off after you take the picture?" I told her that I went to a lot of trouble to sew on the Hello Kitty and I wished she appreciated it more. She looked at me with a perplexed expression, head tilted, one eyebrow raised, mouth twisted, and asked, "What kind of trouble?" Luckily she's the kind that once she has been wearing it a while she forgets all about how it feels.

Isaac just had to be in the picture too!

By the way, it is still snowing! This is big for this part of Germany! You may remember that we live in a hilly/mountainous area and getting to our village is no easy feat when the plows just aren't keeping the roads clear. Yesterday, my husband gave me the day to myself and on my way home I had some difficulty getting up the big hill. Another car was stuck in front of me and I ended up being forced to stop. Since I lost my momentum, I was then stuck too. I ended up having to back all the way back down the hill since there's no turning a minivan around on these tiny roads. I won't go into all the details, but my guardian angel sent a plow up the hill after a while and I was able to follow it up.



No comments: