Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow Family Fun Day

A week ago, Saturday, was a great day! We had more snow than I have ever seen at this house, probably 4 or 5 inches in our backyard. It was certainly no where close to our Watertown snowy days but enough to have fun in. Since then we have had even more snow and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet.

Here we are in our backyard in the morning. (Hannah went with her dad to the barber shop, so it was just Genna, Isaac, and I.)



He is having too much fun!


Genna's snow angel

"Mom, you pushed me into my favorite snow," Genna said to me after I nudged her out of the way of Isaac's sled path. She loves the untouched snow, before anyone has walked on it and messed it up.

We went to our village ski slope to sled in the late afternoon. The kids all took turns going up the hill and loved it. We lost our seatbelt for our sled somehow, but Isaac did well staying put. We took it a little easier with him, of course. The girls both fell out at the bottom when the sled hit a hidden rock, but only Genna did a true face plant in the snow. That was good because Hannah would not have been as good a sport about it.

"I don't like being bunched up," Hannah frequently reminds us when getting bundled up. She may look happy here, but she has a pouty face on whenever it is time to get bundled up until she forgets about it.

Sledding in action




Genna taking her face plant in the snow like a champ while spitting out the snow...


We came home and had hot chocolate and popcorn in front of a roaring fire while I threw together a dinner of grilled Reuben sandwiches for Brian and I and grilled cheeses for the kids. Veggies accompanied as always. Then my husband, who never cooks, made us a South African dessert that he had last year and made some home-made Gluwein. I had my doubts about this as he asked me cooking questions while at work in the kitchen, but it turned out great. We enjoyed our desserts in front of the fire, and when the kids were all tucked in Brian and I had the Gluwein while reading our books together by the fire. What a perfect day!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Aww, Genna, that's my favorite snow too! I also get a little upset when our neighborhood kids walk through our back yard's prestine snow to get to the sledding hill out back! I feel your pain! :)