Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The lop


I think that is what I will call Hannah's new haircut, since I, personally, lopped off somewhere around six inches of her hair this past weekend.

Before


After

I think the last time we cut a lot off her hair was right after Isaac was born (two and a half years ago) because I was just overwhelmed with all the hair to do every morning and the newborn, who luckily had NO hair at all. I think it looks much thicker and nicer this way. Brian typically resists anymore than a fraction of an inch coming off the girls' hair, but since it was Hannah who has been wanting this and she has him wrapped around her little finger he caved. She wanted to cut it off even shorter, but I said the shoulders is short enough. Her reason is that she wants to learn to wash it on her own and it was just too long and tangly to teach her. Plus, it had gotten to the point that we had to braid it every night so that it wouldn't be all knots in the morning. Now Genna's hair is longer than Hannah's for the first time ever, but just a little bit and with all the curls it ends up looking almost the same length.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

too funny...we just did Allia's first shoulder length haircut, and as I predicted, Austin was not so happy...same reasons though...hard to wash, crying over tangles being brushed out in the morning! Oh how I wish you guys were closer. It would be so fun to muse over these things in person. ;)