Monday, January 23, 2012

Absent-minded Professor

Genevieve is one of those absent-minded professor types in that she is super smart, but loses things constantly and gets words mixed up. The former quality comes from her dad who is ever in search of his lost glasses, wallet, or keys. (Love you, Honey!) The latter quality comes from my side of the family, passed down from many generations, and though I don't like to admit it I let the wrong word out from time to time and get teased by my genius of a husband. In fact, I made a rather embarrassing word mix up on our first date that I may tell you about some day.

Back to Genna. Genna was telling her Mimi, a fellow word mixer-upper, on the phone recently what books she was reading. Can you believe she is reading a book about the "Kivil War," also known as the Civil War? When I reminded her about the "ci" phonics rule, she changed her pronunciation to the "Silver War."

Recently we had Little Caesar's for dinner. I got some Crazy Bread, and Genna asked for another piece of "Scary Bread" when she had finished her pizza.

There are so many things she says that I don't remember by the end of the day. I wish I could record them all. She keeps us laughing. That's a good thing.

No comments: