Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drew's well check and 20 week update

All was great with the chubby, smiley boy. He weighed less than he does on our scale. Usually the opposite is true, he weighs more once we get to the doctor. He weighed 18.1lbs (19lbs on our scale) and measured more than 25 inches. I guess I wasn't paying very close attention and they didn't write it down for me. Oops! Looks like he isn't quite as big as Isaac was after all.

He has a little artery on the bridge of his nose that they are going to ultrasound, but I am not exactly sure why. Something about pressure and bones closing. I'll update after I get that ultrasound done. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Drew tries to eat his dad's Pathology book while he was studying.

Drew is getting better at manipulating things with his hands. He can grab and get anything in his reach, including the doctor's stethoscope. :) He's been grabbing at my food and other things.

His appointment was on the 24th, but I am just now getting around to posting due to quite a few issues. The first was my husband's email account (the one linked to my blog) was hijacked, and I couldn't sign in for over a week. Then I had some major catching up to do, but I have been consumed with family and with getting back on track with school. So here we are on the 31st. A few weeks have gone by since an update on Drew. So he is now 20 weeks old! Wow, where did the time go?

He got a bit overly tired the week of the funeral from all the traveling around in the car and staying out later than normal. (He was a terrific baby during the whole week, being passed around and giving easy smiles to everyone.) So he recovered over the following weekend, sleeping extra. Then the night disruptions began. He had been sleeping through the night, and then he started waking a lot. We had some pretty rotten nights and just when he started sleeping through the night again, he got sick. Isaac first came down with a fever, runny nose, and a nasty cough. Three days later Drew started with the cough. He hasn't had much of a fever, thankfully. Oddly enough, he is sleeping okay at night so far, but his naps are very short because the cough wakes him up. He's actually been sleeping until 6 or 6:30am in the mornings which has been nice even if it doesn't last. Even sick he is fairly smiley, not as much as usual though.

He has no new amazing feats, but he is doing something new. He is biting me when he's finished nursing sometimes. All of my babies have done this a few times, but he is doing it a lot. I am trying to pay attention and catch him before it happens. He looks innocent enough, doesn't he?

No comments: