Saturday, June 16, 2012

Road Trip Part 3: Southern Alabama



Why go to southern Alabama? you may ask.  Good question.  It's humid and has the brightest houses I have ever seen.  No, but really it was for a good reason.  Hannah and Isaac's godfather was being ordained a Jesuit priest after ten years of preparation.  The ordination was 2 1/2 hours and right in the middle of nap time so, as you can imagine, Drewy didn't let me see most of it.  He was good during the beginning and then fell asleep finally at the end, but the middle of the Mass was all the ordination parts that I completely missed.  The weekend was full of events and celebratory dinners which meant lots of high chairs, car seats, strollers, and slings for Drew.  By the end of the weekend he was diving out of our hands to crawl around anywhere he could.  

Hannah had really been wanting a picture of just her and her godfather.

The crazy story of the weekend is when we were driving to the ordination on Saturday morning we realized that Brian left the stroller in the rain the night before after the dinner.  I say Brian left it because I was getting all the kids in the car and buckled up.  However, to be fair it was raining and late, and we were rushing to get in the car.  I guess it was just left sitting in the street where we had parked.  Thank the Lord we ended up finding it at the campus security thanks to a friend knowing the right Jesuit to ask.  It had my hand made sling, nursing cover, and the quilt I had made for Hannah a few years ago in the back of stroller.  I am so glad we were able to get it all back because it was just making me sick thinking about all the time I had spent making those things. 

No comments: