Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Excuses, excuses!

 I have been really having a hard time keeping up with my blog lately.  If I don't write things down really soon after they happen then I usually can't remember them later.  This means that if I get so behind that I haven't even been getting notes down in my drafts that things get lost forever.  I don't like that, so I am going to make a concerted effort to get back in the business of daily blogging.  Not to make excuses, but to give an idea of what I have been doing instead of blogging, here is a picture history of the last few weeks.  Not that I haven't been posting at all, just not much, because I have all these projects going that I keep waiting to post about until I am finished.  Instead of waiting for total completion, I will post the pieces.
Redoing my bathroom took two weeks instead of the one weekend I intended to spend on it.  I had to put plaster/Sheetrock on all the walls, sand it, prime it, and then paint it.  It took longer than I thought and I will get a better picture up when I have a chance.  I love it though.
Of course, I have been schooling as always.  Things are going pretty smoothly, especially since I stopped rushing them and just laid out consequences for wasting time.  They have to pay me (through chores) if I have to spend time teaching them outside of our regular school hours.  No stress for me this way.  I was stressing because I had a million things to do, but now I know that if I have to spend extra time teaching them because they messed around that they will be doing those chores that I was anxious about for me.

All Saint's Day is coming up, so the mad rush to sew the costumes is on this week.  I'll make you wait to find out who everyone is going to be.  We have a carnival at church this weekend that they get to wear their costumes to as well as an All Saint's party for the homeschool group next week.  This year since I don't have a newborn I am sewing all the costumes from scratch.  Even Drew is going to be a saint!

Then there is keeping this monster out of trouble.

He loves to climb on the stools. He did a facer off of one this morning, in fact.

After dinner, he was ready for his bath, but Isaac was still eating and not paying attention to where he set his milk cup.  I almost got there in time, but...nope.
Really the main reason I have been MIA is that I have not gotten my Large Family Logistics act together this school year.  I just realized that we are on week 8 already, and so I guess I better figure it out and get started again.  Our schedule is different this year and I have been unable to commit to a new schedule for the housework due to the change in days we are out of the house.  I need to just make a decision and stick with it or change it if it totally fails.

2 comments:

Becca said...

It looks great!
I love the look Drew's giving after the spilled milk :)

Question, I was looking for your post on how you describe what an "emergency" is to the kids (meaning when they are allowed to interrupt). i can't find it. Do you have any help on finding it?

Kelle said...

I don't know where that post is. I don't even remember how I defined an emergency. The girls are old enough now where they know what constitutes an emergency. To help you, I asked them all to define an emergency for me and they gave me the following answers: if someone is hurt and unable to speak (this is what I tell them about calling 911, in particular if the adult in charge is in this state,) if someone is bleeding or broken (i.e. can't move a body part,) if Drew is in danger of getting hurt (i.e. falling down stairs, pulling something on top of himself, etc.) Hope this helps! I can't believe I can't remember my younger definition of emergency.