Monday, October 15, 2012

Pow!

This is just a mini update on Drewy.  Drew is saying "Pow!" now when he plays with toy guns or kicks his foot.  But what I am most excited about is that he used a sign all on his own, clearly, and without me prompting him.  He pointed at his cup of water which was out of reach and did the sign for "Help."  I made a huge deal out of it.  I hope this is the beginning of learning and using some signs.

I know he understands so much now.  He can follow directions like "bring me a book," or "show me your tongue," or "comb your hair."  I have also been happy about him initiating bringing me a book and actually sitting to listen to it. 

Also, he is in love with his snack cup (usually full of Cheerios) these days.  If I don't pry it away from him and hide it it is in his grip the whole day.

No comments: