Friday, October 19, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect


 This guy has always hated hats with a passion.  I crocheted him a football hat and had to totally trick him and be super fast to get a photo in it for his one year pictures.  He rips them off as soon as he can get his hands free no matter how distracted you try to get him.  But this week he saw a baseball hat and wanted to put it on.  So I thought we would practice wearing it around the house and see if he could get used to it because winter without a hat for him may be a little chilly since he has very little hair.  It has been working so far.  We practice wearing it and looking in the mirror.  He even wore his football hat this morning to and from Mass since it was in the 40's.  I was afraid that he wouldn't ever wear it!


Oh, and he is totally signing "Help," "More," "All done," "Drink," and "Please" all of the sudden.  He signs "Help" the most and for everything he could possibly want.  I heard it was normal for babies to overuse a new sign, but none of my others ever did that.  I am just so thankful he is communicating with us more easily now.  He also repeated "Bah" for sheep this week.

No comments: