Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Safe and Sound

We survived Super-storm Sandy with only a small leak in the basement and a blanket of pine needles to show for it.  All trees are still standing, with just some small branches down.  We didn't even lose power which is miraculous considering the winds were estimated to be at 75mph around here.  Five of us slept in the basement.  Can you guess who was left up on the main level?  Me, but only because I couldn't sleep down there.  I gave up trying around midnight and left the "comfort" of the twin mattress I was sharing with Brian and slept on the couch on the "safest" side of the house. 


Everything shut down around here for two days, so Brian was home with us cooped up Monday and Tuesday.  Instead of taking these days to relax and slow down a bit, this crazy husband and wife decide, "What a great time to paint the living room!"  I don't know if there is ever a "great" time to paint the living room when you have 4 small children, but I am pretty sure it isn't during a super-storm.  :)  No really it was fine, but we are not yet finished.  My goal is to be finished by Saturday since we are getting our new couch that day.  We are taking it a little easy on the homeschooling front this week and doing more of the independent work part so mom can finish painting and still manage the household.  I have a ton to post right now, but we have an All Saint's party that I need to get ready for, but check back tomorrow to see my four little saints and probably a few more too.

You can't see the patio or the grass at all, and it's not like we just have never raked them up.  This happened in a 24 hour period.
Our hearts and prayers go out to all who were much more severely effected by Sandy.  I thank God even for the sorrows that I do not understand for I know he has a plan for us all.  

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: