Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bye bye, Papa Boat

My dad has been visiting us for most of November I would say, even though it certainly doesn't feel like it.  Time just flies in this house.  He has been so helpful and so pleasant that we have loved having him here.  He drove out this morning and we were all sad to see him go.  The kids will miss all the card games that Papa Boat has played constantly.  He played himself Crazy 8, I am sure.  He did some science with the kids for school and did all of Isaac's reading and math lessons while he was here.  He watched Drewy many times and enjoyed putting him down for naps since Isaac gave him some trouble with that back in the day when he was a little bugger around Drew's age.  Like I said, he was super helpful while he was here.  Thanks Dad!    Love you.  I hope we didn't wear you out too much!


I was able to send some of my Christmas presents with him, and among them was the stocking I just finished for my nephew.  My sister picked this one out back in the spring, but I didn't get around to starting on it until the school year began.  It has been my late evening project since then.  Sequins are not hard.  However, they take a lot of time, and let me tell you there are a lot of sequins on this thing.  The picture doesn't do it justice this thing is full of bling.  I hope my itty bitty nephew enjoys his first Christmas with his brand new stocking made with love from his Aunt Kelle.

No comments: