Sunday, November 11, 2012

Comedy meets Saintliness

Genevieve has quite the gift for comedy and saintliness.  Every so often these two qualities cross unbeknownst to her.  The result is countless laughs.

As Isaac was getting into the van he bumped his head on the top of the car.  He started crying his hysterical cry.  I went around to make sure he was okay.  As I was leaning in to give him a hug, Genna says with a smile, "Isaac, I bet it doesn't hurt as much as Jesus dying on the cross."  
As Isaac is screaming in my ear, I did my best to suppress a laugh for the moment, and said, "Genna, I don't think now is a good time to say that."  
"Well, it's true, Mom."  
I couldn't even get out the explanation about why it isn't an appropriate time to say that while her brother is crying because I was trying so hard not to laugh since Isaac was hurt. All I could say was, "Yes, but it's just not a good time," with a smile on my face.

I love that girl!

No comments: