Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Too Big for Our Britches

We bought a new couch recently when we decided that we were tired of having no where to sit especially when we had people over to watch football.  We also moved our TV onto the wall above the fireplace to make room for more couch.  The couch we had was as old as Hannah and was really cheap as far as couches go.  We decided it was time.  
This is an old picture of the living room from when we first moved in.

In choosing the couch we really had a great time with the whole family sitting on every couch in the entire store.  Everyone had an opinion.  Drew's opinion was, "Keep the stroller moving and the snacks coming and I'll let you guys keep me locked up for this nonsense."  The kids especially liked the couches that had buttons to move the seats, but that's a little too fancy for us.  We wanted a curvy "L" shaped couch to seat a lot of people.  We found more than enough of those.  We found the right one for us, bypassing the 100% real leather one that I really wanted and went for the more practical polyester fake leather.  My mantra to keep my head on straight was, "We have a cat and four kids."  I just kept repeating that to myself and had Brian say it to me more than a couple times.

We had one week to get the living room ready before the delivery.  We used the storm to do just that.  I painted the living room while Brian installed the TV on the wall and rewired and reorganized the electronics.  We put a baby gate up and let the kids run wild most of the week which left quite the mess to clean up multiple times a day so I could retain my sanity.  We finished by Thursday and moved out the entertainment center and the old couch on Friday.  Saturday while I was picking up the kids from German school, I got a call.  The couch had arrived, but it was a little bigger than we thought.  :)  Oh no, we didn't measure.  Don't judge.  Live and learn.

No pictures on the wall yet!  Sad thing is you can't see the wainscoting that I painted white except for on the other side of the room because the couch is too tall.  I guess I should have figured that.

Saturday football!  Superbowl party, here we come!
But we LOVE the couch even though it fills up the whole room.  It is super comfy and our whole family plus some can fit on it.  Much fun has already been had on the couch by the kids although I could live without the playing with the recliners. I joked with Brian that I didn't know why I was so excited about getting the new couch since I would rarely get to sit on.  This is obviously not because there isn't room, but because I just don't get to sit much.  However, I have found a few good excuses to sit on it this week, and they are called reading stories to the boys and doing Isaac's reading lesson on it.  Oh yeah, mommy's going to sit on this couch.

I'll get better pictures up when I can get the pictures on the wall.  I need a couple of frames before I do that so it may be a week or so.

1 comment:

Jesuit said...

I'm lookin' forward to sittin' on that there couch!