Thursday, June 19, 2014

I wear my goggles at night

I can't get him to take them off.

We've been at the pool everyday this week since it is the first week it is open during the day and Isaac has pre-team 4 days a week until the end of July unless he gets kicked out and made to take swim lessons again.  He's doing much better than he was on the first day, but he couldn't quite pass the swim test on the first day so he is in the group that might get kicked out at the end of this week.  His whole problem is his confidence level stinks in just about every aspect of his life, except reading and golf.  I don't know why, but he is so hard on himself.  I was super proud of him for trying so hard for the swim test, but he came to me and burst into tears as I am asking for a fist bump.  I don't get it.  I told him that I was so sure that he could swim that if we had a private pool I would just throw him into the middle of the deep and prove it to him.

Drew is loving the pool and swims all over with his "puddle jumper" on.  He could learn to swim if they would take him in the swim lessons without me having to go in with him or if I had a free hand to help him learn.  I've just got my hands full with Judah right now.  He loves the goggles and wears them on his head most of the day.  Now if I can just get him to obey me when it is time to leave and let the girls help him then we'd be golden.

Judah is loving the water, but he hasn't quite figured out that he can't just crawl and keep going on the bottom of the pool.  It's a zero entry level pool.

The girls disappear with their friends the moment we get there and I barely interact with them the whole time.

Everyone is pink and exhausted every afternoon.  I love summer!

No comments: