Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Strawberry Picking


Strawberry picking was fun, especially since our friends came with us!  The kids are not nearly as good at strawberry picking as they are at apple or blackberry picking since you have to get down and look harder for the good strawberries that haven't been nibbled by the animals.  So that means that our stash of strawberries was gone in just three days without me getting to use them in any recipes at all.  They were deliciously sweet while they lasted!


I washed them really good in vinegar since there was a lot of animal poop around on the ground.  Speaking of poop, Drew had to go to the bathroom only minutes after we arrived.  I spent most of the time trying to both have a conversation with a dear friend I don't get to see much and bending down and help pick strawberries while wearing Judah on my front (should have put him in the back) and with Drew following me around whining that he had to "poooooop."  The best part was when we finally get him to a port-a-potty and I suck it up to set him on the thing, he can't go.  Just an everyday field trip for our family.


Trying to distract the boy by letting him carry the bucket of strawberries.


No comments: