Monday, July 21, 2014

Judah at 11 months old (Sniff. Sniff.)

Hannah was taking these pictures while I was driving.  He was falling asleep and she was trying to keep him awake by tickling him.

Why do they have to grow up?!!!!!  Soon he won't be a baby anymore.   The first year goes by so fast,  as does it all, I suppose.

Couldn't make it home from the pool, but he was so tired that I was able to carry his sleepy self in and put him to bed.

Judah is starting to express his frustrations when he doesn't get what he wants.  If Drew moves to higher ground to protect his superhero set up, Judah gets really mad and grabs onto Drew's leg and squeezes while he simultaneously turns red and screams.   Fun's over, Mom.

He is talking more and really trying to copy sounds.  His full vocabulary list.

Mama
Dada
Hi
Banana
Hannah (only said it once when reaching for her, but it sounds the same as banana, "nana")
All done (does sign too.)
Night night

I think he may be saying "hello"  and "thank you" too, but I'm not sure yet.

He waves a lot, but refuses to clap.   He is still walking along furniture and has tried to walk from one piece of furniture to another, but gave up when he realized it was easier to crawl there.   He can climb up on Drew's little red chair and his big boy bed.  Bad things since the red chair is not sturdy and slides.  From Drew's bed he likes to dive head first off  the bed while giggling since the first time he did it I caught him just in time to help him finish a somersault onto the ground.  That was so fun, I guess, that he now anticipates the fun every time.  I have since been catching him in time to turn him around and show him how to get down feet first.

He has finally moved to more regular crawling than the super speed Army crawling.

Judah loves to play in Drew's crib with him after they wake up from afternoon nap.
He gets so visibly excited and squeally when he sees his brothers or sisters play or come up to him.  His siblings get the biggest smiles, probably even more than I get.

Isaac's always asking if he can get in with them, but this old creaky crib couldn't take the weight for sure.

I am working on moving that dream feed up to before bedtime gradually.  He doesn't need it.  Honestly, it was more for my convenience than for him, but he really is too old for it.  I am going to continue to nurse him four times a day as long as I can or until I figure out this dairy allergy/sensitivity thing.  He is still reacting on his face when I give him any dairy.  Without thinking I bought him the fruit and cream oatmeal, and it took me three days to figure out why the rash around his mouth was getting worse and worse.

Judah is getting to be more and more of a handful in Mass.  He is wiggly and chatty.  He stays in the sling on me pretty well, except when I sit down and he tries to climb up over me to reach the hymnals on the back of my pew seat.  He is rarely quieted by the pacifier these days, so I have had to step out of Mass a few times to get him quieter.

No comments: