Friday, July 4, 2014

The Adventures of Judah at 10.5 Months

He hates his walker, but he tolerates it outside a little longer for some reason.

I am so thankful for this precious boy!  He is such a joy!  If I could keep him from trying to eat everything in sight, regardless of it's edibility, he would be near to perfect right now.  And that's with him getting his top front four teeth all this week!  Technically, only three have come through (the front left and the two teeth on either side of the front two), but the last one (front right) is almost there.


He's been a real trooper at the pool 4 days a week!  He has his lunch on the sidelines while his big brothers and sisters swim their hearts out.  He likes the water too.

He's eating more finger foods than spoon foods, but it's a messy business.  I'm keeping a few baby foods around for when we don't have anything he can eat.   This dairy sensitivity is really no fun.  I love cheese and cream in my foods.  Other than dairy, he hasn't rejected any other foods I have offered him.
A nose picker already.

I took just Judah with me to a homeschooling conference and met my godson and his mommy and sister there.  Here is the awesome picture I got of the two of them while we were listening to a talk.  I'll do better next time!

Judah wakes up about 6:30am to start the day and goes to bed at 7:15-7:30pm for the night.  For naps, he usually will take two 1.5-2 hour naps, at about 9am and 1:30pm.  He's great at playing in his bed when he wakes up.  He plays with his pacifiers until he eventually throws them all out of the pack-n-play.  Yes, he's still in the pack-n-play because Drew is still not quite ready to move to a big bed.  Soon!  When we get back from all our trips, I am going to take the plunge!

Judah's a real explorer.  He loves these drawers.  He gets an arm or finger smashed in them almost daily.
We've had a couple of near misses with him and choking on small things.  I thought the pack-n-play was the answer, but I found he isn't even safe in there when I came to get him out and he was sitting on a million tiny pieces of broken sand dollars.  Drew had stolen the girls' collection of sand dollars and gave them to Judah.  His guardian angel was really watching him since he puts everything in his mouth, but somehow didn't put any of the sand dollar pieces in his mouth.  He had just sat on them and crushed them.

No comments: