Thursday, February 19, 2015

Our Lent in Links

For Lent this year, I was a little behind as usual.  That translates into the books we are going to go through as a family are not quite here yet.  Even Amazon Prime couldn't save me this time.

First of all, in other places that we have lived there have been really good Stations of the Cross at the churches we've been near with the occasional week directed at the kids which was always fun and always soup dinners afterwards.  Here they do not have any that are at a good time or good for kids, and no soup dinners.  This year I want to do it here at home.  I'm not sure exactly how this will play out, if we'll invite neighbors or have soup or what.  What I do know is that I ordered a new kids book of the Stations and there is an app for the Stations if we want to mix it up a bit.  Plus, I ordered some 8 x 10 inch pictures of the Stations that we can shine a flashlight on when we say them.

I also ordered a book called My Path to Heaven to go through this Lent with the kids.  I am looking forward to trying this one out.

Finally, Brian wants to say the Rosary every day, so I got this to help revive the children in their Rosary.  It is called Pearls of Peace: A Rosary Journey through the Holy Land and I am hopeful it will help someone at least to focus on the mysteries.

We've given up dessert as a family as usual.  I am hoping to make time for adoration alone.  Brian and I are going to finally start reading The Great Divorce together and sacrifice some late night TV time for it.  Hannah is trying not to pester her siblings and trying to go last more often.  Genna is giving up playing in her bed at night when she is supposed to be sleeping and pestering as well.  Isaac is sticking with the family dessert sacrifice.

So, that's our simple Lent this year.  Here's hoping for holiness!

No comments: