Friday, September 9, 2016

Isaac's Birthday Fun (Kind of Party)

Backtracking a bit more even...

Before all our trips to Belgium and the Czech Republic, we celebrated Isaac's birthday with a kind of party where we go easy on mom and invite a few friends to a movie and bring cupcakes.  Isaac so lovingly invited his sisters and Drew as well to go see "The BFG."  I thought it'd be too scary for Judah.  Brian had a day off of work and stayed home with Judah and Bobby so they could nap.  I was still feeling very crumby with bronchitis, but had already rescheduled once and couldn't do it again.

I made Harry Potter sorting hat cupcakes that have colored M&M's inside them to tell you what house you belong to.  I thought it would be fun.  Brian recently read the first two books to the big kids.  They are all dying to get the third book which I have failed miserably to do.


The hats are made of caramels that I shaped into a sorting hat.

The boys!


Eating the cupcakes

Amazingly enough they all got exactly the house they wanted!  I have no idea how that happened.





Hannah is not shown because when she bit into the caramel hat, her last loose tooth to ever have got stuck in the caramel and by the time she freed it it was hanging by just a small piece.  So she pulled it right there in the middle of our cupcake party.  She held it up for all to see, said to me, "You owe me a dollar," and tossed it in the nearby trashcan all in a matter of seconds.  Hope she didn't spoil anybody's tooth fairy fun!  Bye bye to the baby teeth.  She's getting too big!

No comments: