Friday, August 11, 2017

A Waterfall and a Downpour

After picking up Brian from the train station, we immediately started driving to the Black Forrest.  We went to Triberg so the kids could see the waterfall that we saw last summer sans children.



We hiked up the waterfall and then back down part of the other side to the restaurant with a playground, a lake with ducks, and delicious food.  By the time we got there, they had no room to seat us.  The clouds started getting darker suddenly, and despite having rain coats, we decided to send Brian back for the van so we could just drive to our hotel and eat at the restaurant there.  It was now after 6pm and we had a 45 minute drive to the hotel.  Right after Brian took off after the van, it started raining and then pouring!  Our raincoats were laughing at us.  That's how hard it was raining.  And it turned out that I forgot Bobby's raincoat, so we all shifted up a size, leaving me without one.  We were really wet, by the time Brian got back.








I am determined to get a few decent pictures of all the kids for the Christmas card this year, so I'm making them take a lot of group photos as we travel.  It's not their favorite thing to do.  They like to try and sabotage my efforts in hopes I'll give up.  It has been working...until now.  Now it just serves to force me to continue taking pictures until they all cooperate.  Up in the second picture, Isaac gave Genna bunny ears and once I realized how many pictures he ruined, I made them all get back up on the rock for more.

Love this picture!  Should've cropped out the hand, huh?






Finally got a couple to choose from!



They were sick of posing at this point, for real.

Reaching our final destination, the restaurant on the lake, before the deluge.

No comments: