Wednesday, August 9, 2017

My Poets

I know I have been MIA on the blog lately.  I was just caught up and then we had a set back in my homeschool planning for next year and I had to start over from square one when our plan to join a comprehensive co-op (covering all subjects except for piano and German) taught completely by someone else fell through when the teacher backed out.  So, all my spare computer time has been devoted to deciding on books and ordering them.  Now I have to organize the school room and plan out the year with syllabi and such.  So, I am definitely not finished, but as I am waiting on the pick up of two new bookshelves and the delivery of the texts that I ordered I have some time to try to play catch up once more here.

At the end of last school year, the girls had to write a poem on their own (from Rod & Staff 6) and I loved them so much that I saved them on my desk so I could type them out and put them here on this blog for posterity purposes.  I just found them today when going through the growing stack of "to do" papers on my desk.  So, now's as good of time as any.

"The Valley of Fairies"
by Hannah Claire

Have you seen the valley,
Oh, that Heaven on Earth,
Where the wind whispers secrets
Of sadness and mirth,

Where the fairies hide in tree bowers
And twitter their songs
To the birds and the flowers,
Of times long gone?

The dust that they sprinkle,
At the darkest of night,
Makes the dew of the morning
Twinkle with mystical light.


"Springtime"
by Genevieve Marie

Oh joyous joy, here comes springtime,
It brings us so much cheer.
For the flowers it is bling time;
The wonders of spring are here.

The birds' songs sound like bells to me,
The bells like a laughing child.
So much to do, so much to see;
Spring is here, and it is wild.


No comments: