Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Isaac Turns Nine and Takes a Rain-check on his Birthday Celebration

In the middle of the week of the sickness where we only left the house to go to the already scheduled doctor appointments and take Isaac to golf camp, Isaac turned nine.  I let him open all his gifts on his birthday, but we postponed his birthday dinner and his cake because no one would've been able to enjoy it anyways.  Plus, I was on Bobby holding duty the whole week.  So we postponed it until Saturday when everyone was feeling better except for our house guest, who had arrived jet-lagged and overly exhausted from a lot of traveling, just in time for this nasty disease to get him while he was down.  I guess I was the only one to escape it, although Isaac had an extremely moderate case of it.

So it was postponed.  Here's the gift opening pictures.  Take note of all the popcycle eating sickies.

Games, Legos, and books...what more could a boy ask for?


Isaac asked for a Lord of the Rings cake.  This is what I decided on from Pinterest.  I couldn't find a gold icing color, so I went with a mixture of yellow and orange to get this color.  Then I made the "Elvish" writing in black ink so you could see it.  It was fun!  I listened to the LOTR soundtrack on Alexa for inspiration.  I only ran out of room for two letters, so I was happy with that.




Made my sweetheart happy and that's all that mattered to me on his special day!


We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant, the same one Genevieve picked for her birthday.  Everyone was happy to get chips and salsa.

Isaac's nine year old privileges are to be allowed to walk holding Bobby (which he can't do yet because of his arm) and to have a date with dad (girls were with mom) to talk about growing up and "stuff."  We usually don't end up getting around to that until they are closer to ten, but we still count it as a nine year privilege.

No comments: