Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Two Special Dates

Brian and I got to go to a local Octoberfest together one night after we fed the kids and got them set up for the girls to babysit.  We haven't had as much time for dates since the girls are in school and don't have as much time to babysit for us.  Brian dressed in his Lederhosen and I chose my most Dirndl-like dress to match.  It fooled several people who asked where we got our clothes.  



My other date was later in the week, when Judah finally finished his 100 Easy Lesson book.  I say finally because he lost his motivation somewhere along the way or he would've finished long before.  We had to start halving the lessons because he wasn't as focused.  I took him after dinner to Creamistry.  He got cotton candy with rainbow sprinkles and he loved it.  I got many hugs and thank you's.  We colored a picture together while we were there too.  He read a bunch of the words from the menu.  When he first got his ice cream, he carefully scooped up a bite and offered it to me.  I refused the first bite and told him that was sweet, but he should have the first bite!  He sure earned it!



Walking to our car, e walked right past his door and started to open the front door.  Then he realized his mistake and laughed at himself as he backed up to get back to his door where he bumped into the curb and sat/fell in the grass.  He is so silly and reminds me of Genevieve all the time.

Now on to reading aloud to me his 100 books to earn a date with Dad!

No comments: